Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Here's a delicious recipe for Valentine's Day to celebrate with your loved ones!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons meringue powder
Pink sanding sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating until blended.
2. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
3. Divide dough into 2 equal portions; flatten each portion into a disk. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
4. Place 1 dough disk on a heavily floured surface, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch heart-shaped cutter. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Repeat procedure with remaining dough disk.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 30 minutes).
6. Whisk together meringue powder and 2 Tbsp. water. Brush cookies with mixture, or dip cookies in mixture, and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
For jumbo cookies: Cut rolled-out dough with a 4 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter. Bake at 350° for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes: about 1 dozen.
For bite-size cookies: Cut rolled-out dough with a 1-inch heart-shaped cutter. Bake at 350° for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes: about 20 dozen.
You may need to prepare additional meringue powder-and-water mixture as you decorate cookies. Sanding sugar may also be called "fine" sugar.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Valentine's Day is coming up fast and it's time to start working on those love cards or other projects you might have in mind. Here are some free printable Valentine's Day tickets to help get you started. Just print on thick white paper or card stock, cut out and use for you project!
shared from misscutiepie!